FGM E-Learning Course
Hello and welcome to this short e-learning on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
About this E-Learning
This tool will enable you to think holistically about FGM, and will take you through key information about the practice, its context within harmful practices, and will also test you along the way.
Using this Platform
Before beginning this E-Learning, we would recommend you:
- Set aside 1-2 hours, but don’t worry if you can’t, as you can always leave and come back to it
- Are in a quiet place or have earphones to listen to audio or video content
- Have a stable internet connection, and use Google Chrome
- You have a pen and notepad handy to take any notes if you wish to
What to Expect
This E-Learning has been designed to balance theory and practice:
- You will be learning lots about FGM, and be applying your knowledge as you go on via quizzes and assessments
- There are 6 modules in total, each with quizzes and tests, that require you to pass by 90% - but will give you options to try again
- Please do complete the short evaluation on completion, to help us to strengthen the tool
1. Intro to Harmful Practices
By the end of the module, you will know what harmful practices are, the causations, the historical context and further information about individual harmful practices.
2. What is FGM?
By the end of the module, you will have an understanding of FGM, the implications, reasons for the practice, and assessing the risk to girls and women.
3.The Impacts of FGM
By the end of the module, you will gain a deeper understanding on harmful practices and trauma, and how to be a trauma-informed practitioner.
4. The Law & FGM
By the end of the module, you will gain a deeper understanding on the legal remedies available to prevent harmful practices and support survivors.
5. Cultural literacy and FGM
By the end of the module, you will learn how to be a more culturally literate practitioner supporting survivors and victims of FGM.
6. Final Assessment
This module contaains your final assessment. Please ensure you have completed modules 1-5 before entering.