To enhance the understanding and skills of all professionals to act appropriately and confidently to protect and support girls who are at risk or have been subjected to FGM & breast flattening.
- gain a greater understanding about what FGM & breast flattening are, reasons for the practice, prevalence and the implications on girls’ and women’s lives
- describe the key legislations and statutory guidance that determines their personal safeguarding role
- understand the process for requesting an FGM PO in England, Northern Ireland and Wales
- be clear about the role of key services
- explore gaps in local provision and how to address these
- consider how to effectively and sustainably engage with girls, their families and communities
- gain confidence in dealing with cases of FGM and breast flattening
£85 (including VAT)
If you want to make a group booking, you may find it cheaper to commission bespoke training for your organisation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on cost and availability.
Thursday 29th June, 09:30 – 16:30
4a Chillingworth Road, Islington, London, N7 8QJ